Lady Gaga has proven herself to be one of the most talented singers in the music industry. Not only has she received a number of accolades and achievements, but she has managed to prove herself as a singer and an actress after appearing in "A Star Is Born" alongside Bradley Cooper. The singer has not only received multiple Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe but she is also an Oscar winner.
If there is one person who completely built their career from the bottom up, it is Lady Gaga. The singer began performing in clubs throughout New York City after dropping out of college. She got lucky after being discovered by a famous R&B singer during a burlesque show she created, which landing her a job at Interscope Records.
The American musician is one of the most celebrated artists in the world. Other than being a singer and a songwriter she is also a record producer and a successful businesswoman. She made her acting debut with the hit movie ‘A Star is Born’. Keep reading to find out more!
- Gaga’s real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
- She was born in the Upper East Side of Manhattan in 1986.
- The 5’1” tall star has an estimated net worth of $275 million
Here are a few lesser-known facts about the singer!
1. Lady Gaga dropped out of college to pursue her music career. Quitting your studies is a risky move, but she had full confidence in herself and her talent. Despite many challenges, she climbed the ladder of fame step by step. She is now one of the most popular and influential artists in the world.
2. The diva is known for experimenting, be it her music ideas or her dressing style. Her most contentious attire was the ‘meat dress’ she wore to the VMAs in 2010. The 34-year-old has never shied away from doing her own thing.
She said that the dress, made out of raw meat, was a statement about fighting for what you believe in. The infamous outfit is preserved in the 'National Museum of Women in the Arts'.
3. Her debut album ‘The Fame’ made it to the top of ‘Billboard hot 100’. It was the best-selling album of 2009 and sold over 15 million copies worldwide. She has been a part of the industry for almost 2 decades and has sold millions of albums and singles.
Gaga continues to inspire people and there no doubt that she will stay in the music world for a long time.