Dua Lipa,the English singer and songwriter who been on the rise of the American charts for exactly one year now. Her breakout song “New Rules” was released on June 2, 2017, and became the singer’s first number one in the United Kingdom. She has been under the spotlight ever since and everybody wants to know everything about her. Keep reading to get to know more about the diva!
- Dua Lipa was born on August 22, 1995 in London, England, so she is 25 years old.
- She has won two Grammy Awards in 2018, including “Best New Artist”
- Her latest album Future Nostalgia reached number one position in the UK Albums Chart for four weeks
- Despite her young age, she has earned approximately $5 million.
The English singer is always hitting the headlines with every step she takes. After her major hit "Don't Start Now" hit almost 400 million views in a year, she appeared in every TV show around the world. After being in The Late Late Show with James Cordon they sang “New Rules for Covid Dating” with the melody of her #1 song and it was a success!
The lyrics of “New Rules· and “Don’t Start Now” were changed to create this original version adjusting to these times. As everybody is talking about her, we want to share with you some interesting facts that you might not know about the famous singer so you can know her even more.
1. Her first name means “love” in Albanian. Despite having a beautiful meaning, she used to hate her name when she was younger.
2. She left her family when she was 15 and moved back to London leaving her family in Kosovo to pursue her dream of becoming a famous singer.
3. Went to the same school as other celebrities ( Sylvia Young Theatre School) such as Amy Whinehouse, Rita Ora and Little mix’s Jesy Nelson.
4. Music runs in the blood. Her father, Duakgjin Lipa, was part of an Albanian rock band and motivated Dua to pursue her dreams.
5. Few people appreciated her voice as a teenager. When she was 11 years old, she was told by her teachers that she couldn't join the school choir.
We love Dua Lipa because not only is she an excellent singer, but also a great performer. Her catchy style is always surprising us with and has become one of the greatest singers on Earth. We just can't get enough of her!